Meet and Greeters help families get their wish trip started on a great note, or make sure the child and family is taken care of once they arrive home from their trip (usually tired and happy!). Many families are traveling for the first time or have special needs and navigating the airport can be a daunting and stressful task. Meet and Greeters ensure wish children and families don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Meet the family at the airport for their departure or arrivalAssist the family with their luggage and/or medical equipment
- Guide them through the check in process and accompany them to their gate (for departures)
- Request airline crew for VIP treatment during the child’s flight, including meeting the pilot or visiting the cockpit, a special announcement on the plane, or getting bumped up to first class (for departures)
- Welcome families home and show them to their limo (for arrivals)
Meet and Greet at least three families per year
Flexible hours; from early morning to late evening. We fly families from Portland, Bangor, Manchester, and Boston airports (with Portland being the most frequent).
No formal training is required but you must pass the requirements for a wish granter (background check, etc.).
- Cheerfulness and a willingness to help each unique family
- Timeliness and dependability
- Ability to guide families through the airport who may have many special needs.