Recipe from Chef Michele Ragussis:
Basil creamed corn with seared scallops
3 ears of corn
1 bunch basil
1 pint heavy cream
1 table sppon sugar depending on sweetness of corn
Sauté diced shallots in olive oil or butter 2 minutes add kernels raw and sauté another two minutes add chopped basil and heavy cream salt pepper and sugar let reduce by half until creamy. In a separate pan season your scallops and sear on high heat for depending on size about two minutes each side should be still translucent.
Takes a few pieces of prosciutto lay on baking dish and crisp in oven about seven minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe from Chef Linkie Marais:
1 cup Coconut
1/4 cup Crushed Pineapple
2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
1 cup Milk
2 ½ cups Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Nutmeg
¾ cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tbsp. Butter
½ cup Brandy
½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 F.
- Prepare an 8” X 8”oven safe dish with spray.
- Break biscuits into smaller pieces.
- Add coconut and pineapple and lightly toss together.
- Put this mixture into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl combine all remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a whisk until all ingredients are mixed together thoroughly. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If it begins to brown too much on top, cover loosely with foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Put on medium high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened to your desired consistency.
Serve over warm bread pudding.