Champion volunteers increase awareness and support of the foundation by speaking at venues around the state, including informational tables, check presentations, and formal speaking engagements. Audiences range from one-on-one (informational tables) to over 100 at formal presentations. We provide the information while these volunteers provide the passion to tell our story. This volunteer position is best suited for individuals over the age of 21 with flexible schedules and a knack for public speaking, and who have Make-A-Wish experience.
- Represent Make-A-Wish positively
- Share the organization's mission, history, and sample wish stories. Encourage support, including donating and volunteering
- Spread passion for the mission of Make-A-Wish®
Flexible availability on location and schedule.
Champion training is required to speak to an audience on behalf of Make-A-Wish. Informational tables require no additional training
- Public speaking skills
- Passion for the mission of Make-A-Wish and a desire to encourage others to support the mission
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization
- Personal experiences with Make-A-Wish (such as knowing or being a wish child/family member or working as a volunteer) are a plus