In-Kind Donations: An in-kind donation is a donation of non-monetary product or service. Unfortunately, we cannot accept used items. All items must be new. Donations such as this provide great benefit in helping Make-A-Wish® Maine stretch our dollars in support of Maine's deserving wish kids. We are very appreciative of your support.
Contribute Items to our Wish Closet: Make-A-Wish Maine provides "travel bags" filled with all kinds of fun things for all wish children and their siblings who are going on travel related wishes. AND, since travel related wishes make up about 70% of the wishes we grant every year...that's a lot of goodies needed to put inside! We have a wish closet in our Portland office that has been depleted of all kinds of different items to fill travel bags, and we could use some help stocking it up again! Below are some examples of the types of items we're looking for - basically anything fun to keep kids occupied while waiting in airports or to occupy their time while in the air.
- Back packs (Any size, with or without characters. Anything helps)
- Disposable cameras (including underwater cameras)
- Travel/ handheld games
- Autograph books
- Notebooks and notepads
- Tween/teen books and magazines
- Phone cards (for international travel)
- Gift cards ($5, $10, or $15 increments)
- Makeup bags
- Small travel sized sunscreen, hair products, body wash, toothpaste, tooth brushes (all ages), baby wipes, etc.
- Disney princess or Superhero items
- Sports items (local or regional teams especially)
- Small toys for children 5 and under
- Coloring books
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils
- Cards and card games
- Water bottles
- Beach Towels
- Photo albums
- Anything for the TEEN age group
- Any current/newly popular characters (Everyone loves Mickey… but they also love whatever the newest movie is!)
- A working helium tank to be able to blow up balloons
Those are just a few ideas to get you started! You can hold a collection drive for the items, or you can hold a fundraiser and then use the money to shop for the items yourself.
For more information, or if you have questions regarding items for our Wish Closet, please contact Lani at 207-221-2306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Make-A-Wish does not accept stuffed animals for our wish closet.